This recipe has been developed for us by Glamour & Food and is the perfect starter or light lunch during these colder months. Packed full of ginger, our fave, for a bold flavour and nutritional boost it also packs a hefty antioxidant punch with high levels of beta carotene from the Pumpkin.
Pumpkin season doesn't last for ever, so make the most of it! (Anyone else think that butternut squash just doesn't cut it?!)
2 Hokkaido Pumpkins (or roughly 250-300g of any pumpkin)
2 hearty handfuls of Organic Greens (like cauliflower, celery or leeks)
1 1/2 litres of Organic Vegetable Stock (preferably home made)
A thumb sized piece of ginger
250ml of Coconut Milk
1) Cut the pumpkin and remove the skin and seeds.
2) Peel and cut the potatoes, the ginger and the greens
3) Put all vegetables and the stock in a big pot.
4) Cook it until everything is soft ( 20-30 min)
5) Puree everything and add the coconut milk at this stage. Warm through to serve.